Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13428

Good morning

Today I received a four day ban for suspected use of vpn/proxy by GIMoe. I’ve had several discussions about this with him on a previous instance and made myself clear that I do not use a VPN/Proxy. His rational for why he assumed I was using a VPN/Proxy was my ping was 10 points higher then it should be.
I do not know much about a vpn/proxy, but what I do know is that it should mask my location or ip address. He was able to determine the correct city and apartment complex I live in through what I’m guessing was my ip address.
I’ve played on the H4x server for several years and enjoy everyone on there. I’ve never had this issue before. I would be happy to fix it if I was using a VPN/Proxy but I do not have anything like that enabled.

I would like for the ban to be lifted and know how I can avoid this issue in the future.

Thank you

Nuke
The topic has been locked.

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13429

• =|h4x|=GIMoe
  • Thank you received: 3
Why has Spectrum Charter issued an abuse warning on you then? You use Spectrum Business do you not?

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13430

I do not know what provider I use. My apartment complex is the person I pay and get the internet from. I’ve lived in my current residence for 1.5 years. I do not know why they would issue an abuse warning.

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13432

• =|h4x|=GIMoe
Okay. You need to talk with your apartment management to find out why they have a VPN/Proxy and if they turn it of for you. If it is turned off, your ping will get better and probably less lag. I will deactivate your ban but please check this out or this issue will keep coming back on you.

Sorry for the ban but it was only way we could have this conversation.

Thanks for your patience and have fun on our servers.

GIMoe

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13433

Thank you!! I appreciate the help.

Is the reason this has come up because of the abuse warning? Could this be from someone else that has lived here previously?

If the IP you run from your side comes back to my physical location isn’t that proof enough to show no VPN/proxy.

Like I said I don’t know much about VPN/Proxy.

Temp Ban for VPN/Proxy 2 weeks 2 days ago #13434

• =|h4x|=GIMoe
The abuse warning could be from another resident in your complex and used this IP address. Unfortunately all of the VPN/Proxy detection software will continue to show this but I will make a note in ours that this problem has been resolved.

Oh. Your ban has been lifted.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by =|h4x|=GIMoe. Reason: add comment
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds