Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Banned by noob admin

Banned by noob admin 1 month 4 days ago #13374

• Kevin
  • Thank you received: 1
Ingame name: Kevin
Reason for ban: "cancel reload"

I was kicking ass and leading on my team then some noob admin decided to ban me for "cancel reload". I don't know what this exactly means but I assure you no cheats or whatever on my end. I'm literally running the game straight from steam with no modifications. Same thing happened like a week ago, I was leading on my team then I get kicked for something along the lines of "modifying .cfg". After I rejoined and called the admin out for making a mistake I told them to feel free to kick me anytime because now I have shadowplay on and can easily save and upload the clip here in case of any other mistaken kick. Well they left me alone for a few days without any further kicks and me thinking there's no reason to further record I just decided to not bother with it. Sadly, today I get banned for 5 days and have no clips since I didn't have shadowplay on. Anyway, can my ban be lifted or do I need to wait out my 5 day ban? Whatever you guys decide I can promise you something, when my ban is lifted im having shadowplay in the background every single time im playing on this server because pretty sure sooner or later another kick or ban. Just keep in mind that in that day I would certainly have recording to back up my claims so if you are a mod or whatever don't be surprised if you make a mistake. Anyway thanks.

By the way this a clip of me owning in china town the other day before everyone complaining about me in chat:

Also about me, I'm a cod4 legend from 2011-2012. I used to play all the time in NRNS Cod4 servers, I don't know if you guys remember. I just came back to cod4 like 3 months ago. Always used the name "Kevin" even back then.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kater

Banned by noob admin 1 month 4 days ago #13375

• l34shed
  • Thank you received: 2
On their side they see it as reload cancel, when you reload and press shift (sprint)

Banned by noob admin 1 month 4 days ago #13380

• Kevin
l34shed wrote:
On their side they see it as reload cancel, when you reload and press shift (sprint)
lol is that the issue? it's literally a vanilla mechanic that can save you a quarter of a second at the most. what am i supposed to do next time just sit and wait until the reloading animation is over before i can move or shoot? anyway, can some admin weigh in on this and tell me if this is actually a rule so i don't have to do it next time. also a link with cod4 rules would be appreciated too. thanks

Banned by noob admin 1 month 4 days ago #13381

• l34shed
  • Thank you received: 2
I doubt its an issue, as you said you've joined straight from steam without any modifications to your cfg, but in your clip seems legit, so you should just add your cfg under your clip. My case is kinda similar to yours just i had "weapnext;wait 2;weapnext" in my cfg which gave me no advantage whatsoever.

Banned by noob admin 1 month 3 days ago #13382

• =|h4x|=T.F-141
  • Sami / Owl
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi, I am not the one who banned you.

The issue with Fast Reload / Reload skip is that most modified cfg files found online include many illegal binds that give unfair advantage, in addition to that, they also contain the Fast Reload Bind.

So, any person doing fast reload triggers a warning for admins that he may be using some modified cfg file.

I hope this clears up your confusion. I have messaged the admin that banned you, he may reply in sometime.
Discord:
=|h4x|=T.F-141#6337

Banned by noob admin 1 month 3 days ago #13383

• Kevin
Thanks for the answer T.F-141.

Look, i just recorded this clip to show how you can save 1/4 of a second while reloading like i said earlier.

In the first part of the video its regular reloading. In the second part, that is when I go back to where I started, it's "faster" reloading.
If you look closely, you will notice the ammunition bar fills right before the reloading animation is fully finished. This is exactly what leaves room for a "faster" reloading if you skip the animation by sprinting, jumping, shooting, etc, or whatever. This is a vanilla mechanic in cod4 and can be tested by anyone and doesn't require a modification to one's .cfg as far as i know. Only thing needed is repeated practice by timing perfectly when the ammo fills and when it doesn't. If you try to skip too early it won't be a successful reload. If it is done exactly when the ammo fills you just gained a quarter of a second by skipping the animation before you can begin shooting, etc. Also another way to compare the time difference between regular reloading and "faster" reloading is by looking at the crosshair. In regular reloading the crosshair takes a bit longer to reappear after you reload. While in "faster" reloading the crosshair reappears quicker by you skipping the animation.

If you guys need my .cfg or me recording my cod4 folder or whatever feel free to ask.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds