Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal

OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal 4 months 6 days ago #13230

• OKIDOKI
Hello,

I was banned a few minutes ago on suspicion of having a modified config. I would like to contest this ban by giving you my config files + demo file (www.dropbox.com/s/6hczavz9f8bvv7v/OKIDOKI.zip?dl=0).

In them you will find the only custom binds I have : elevator binds and FPS switch bind which I both use on bounce servers & locally.

If I remember well, rule #14 states that any config change that results in an unfair advantage can get you banned.

If you look at the demo I do not use those binds once (i.e. I don't switch fps and do no elevators).

Unless rule #14 disallows any config change, regardless of what it is (e.g. different melee bind), then I don't think there is ground for a ban.

Let me know what you think and if you want more information. Here is my (long) ban appeal for another server which ended in a good compromise (www.gametracker.com/clan/skyfall/forum.php?thread=183242), I hope we can reach something similar here.

Thanks,

OKIDOKI
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal 4 months 6 days ago #13231

• OKIDOKI
I took a look at the demo to double-check rule 14 and noticed that the sprinting/look was weird. Do you also see simultaneous running and strafing ?

This seems to only happen on your servers, I uploaded 2 more demos, one recorded on your servers and the other recorded on a different server 14min later. The second one is much smoother and has no weird glitching.

Let me know if you also see this.

NEW link : www.dropbox.com/s/je42o26z6liwxto/OKIDOKI.zip?dl=0

OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal 4 months 3 days ago #13238

• =h4x=Pred
  • Thank you received: 83
Yep you were banned for the same reason they banned you. Look at the admins comments on his server, you got banned here for Quickscoping, and modified, bouncing glitching. maybe they will let you back in there server. Your game is modified, Uninstall your game, then reinstall the game that you purchased. then we can talk.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by =h4x=Pred.

OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal 4 months 3 days ago #13239

• OKIDOKI
Well they were more consistent in their claims than here. I play on their servers regularly now and we have had no issues since those posts.

With this ban; the screen said I was banned for a modified config, not quickscoping. This surprises me because when I was told during the previous match (before the shipment one on which I was banned) that quickscoping wasn't allowed, I typed !rules to make sure and then agreed to stop and then switched class.

If I'm banned for doing something before I'm even aware of the rules that's not really fair.

You probably clicked on the first link, not the one in my second message.

Try again using : www.dropbox.com/s/je42o26z6liwxto/OKIDOKI.zip?dl=0

OKIDOKI - Ban Appeal 4 months 1 day ago #13251

• OKIDOKI
Pred you just perma banned me for the following reason : Not Welcome (imgur.com/a/tHrjTet) ?

How is this a valid ban reason ? I did not break any rules, made sure not to quickscope and was crouching almost the entire match... You know because you were spectating me the whole game.

Here is the demo : www.dropbox.com/s/wyetvzzh5owid7x/H4X_OK...2022_01_23.dm_1?dl=1

Here is the link again for my config files and demos for the War server : www.dropbox.com/s/je42o26z6liwxto/OKIDOKI.zip?dl=1

I would like an explanation as to why I was perma banned on the FFA server. What's the purpose of having rules for players if they get banned even when they respect them ?

Thanks,

OKIDOKI
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds