Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Incorrect ban for cfg edit

Incorrect ban for cfg edit 1 month 2 weeks ago #13001

• Martin Wagner
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello! It's MARKRAM, I was just banned while playing on the COD4 TDM WAR server for "cfg file edit". My CFG has not been edited with illegal quick-switch or fast-fire binds. I've recorded my entire session on the server today here along with a key input overlay to show that any fast firing is all with left-click and any quick switches are by tapping E twice: www.twitch.tv/videos/1104274911

The ban happened around the end of the VOD at ~36min. I also immediately switched to my desktop view to show my CFG file just to show that I haven't changed anything (I just noticed that the bottom section is cut off, but I don't have any extra binds). I've never gone into my CFG file to add anything, I only change my binds through the COD4 client (and not with console).

Here is a link to my cfg: drive.google.com/file/d/1b2ERvdEBzsJIMEP_8VfljSe-3ETrzMBw/view
GUID: 8e1766ccb29a1ffc23a024090da77d90

P.S S1mple_boy is being a racist at @35:50, might want to deal with them because that's reprehensible behaviour and breaking server rule #4.

Cheers!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Martin Wagner. Reason: Extra info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Incorrect ban for cfg edit 1 month 2 weeks ago #13002

• =|h4x|=MATUTEX
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 24
elimina tu cfg y perfil de juego , si lo haces te dejare libre
matutex

Incorrect ban for cfg edit 1 month 2 weeks ago #13003

• Martin Wagner
I'm 100% fine with deleting my cfg if that gives any peace of mind, but I don't understand how deleting my profile fixes anything. Could I at least get an explanation what this would prove for the admins? I don't even know about any illegal binds apart from quick-switching and scroll firing.

If I actually was using a config with illegal binds, deleting my profile and cfg wouldn't prove my innocence because I could just add it back. I'm only saying this because deleting my profile would reset me back to rank 1 and I don't think I have the time to grind back to rank 55, it's just a major inconvenience that doesn't really prove anything.

I can definitely do a live stream for the admins to look at my system if that's alright? I have absolutely nothing to hide.

Incorrect ban for cfg edit 1 month 2 weeks ago #13004

• =|h4x|=MATUTEX
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 24
tu cfg no es , convencional , digamos que tiene ciertos retoques que no deben estar ahí
matutex

Incorrect ban for cfg edit 1 month 2 weeks ago #13005

• Martin Wagner
Hi Matutex, I took a closer look at my config and yes I fully agree with you there are some weird things in there that I never knowingly added (such as the bind KP_ things). I have a feeling these were added from server mods (such as bind H "openScriptMenu modkeybind bandage", I know exactly which server this came from but I have no idea where the others are from). I have a feeling the KP_ binds were from the COD4 moviemaker program for demo playback.

Those are definitely "unconventional" as you describe but other than that there's nothing illegal, right?

Could you take a look at my config now? drive.google.com/file/d/1DUnS23YmnfmMGT8...yWO/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Martin Wagner. Reason: More info
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds