Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: banned from playing

banned from playing 2 weeks 5 days ago #11703

• josh
hi, yesterday i was banned for "cfg edit", and i think the admin said i used binds or whatever. it's true i use a cfg but that's only for fps boost since my computer is old. pro players used cfg all the time, so i'm confused why it's not allowed. i don't use binds that give me unfair advantage, i just use cfg for fps boost. otherwise, my fps is around 40. if an admin can help me out, that will be appreciated, thanks.

by the way, my ign is woaichixigua, same as my forum username.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

banned from playing 2 weeks 5 days ago #11704

• =h4x=Pred
  • Thank you received: 47
ok, how do you boost your fps, can you use your game console. to up your fps, do it using the game console. if you need help with it we can do that. but to download something on the internet, it goes to your config player file. and thats not allowed.

can another admin correct me if i am wrong please..thanks
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by =h4x=Pred.

banned from playing 2 weeks 5 days ago #11705

• josh
there are many cfg's that just give fps boost, i use cfgfactory.com that has over 3 thousand cfg's.

how do you up your fps using game console, as you said ?

banned from playing 2 weeks 4 days ago #11706

• =|h4x|=T.F 141
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi, Can you send your CFG here Josh, so we can check it for any illegal binds?

Its mostly located in your game folder here in Windows.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Name\confg_mp.cfg

You can either copy paste the contents of cfg here or upload it to some external drive like Google and post the source link here.
Sami

OwL

banned from playing 2 weeks 4 days ago #11707

• =|h4x|=T.F 141
  • Thank you received: 20
=h4x=Pred wrote:
ok, how do you boost your fps, can you use your game console. to up your fps, do it using the game console. if you need help with it we can do that. but to download something on the internet, it goes to your config player file. and thats not allowed.

can another admin correct me if i am wrong please..thanks

Hi Pred.
By a Boost he means that certain CFGs produced from websites like cfgfactory contain some binds/settings which lower the graphics of the game and remove any unnecessary details/features thus giving a smooth gameplay without lags on a higher fps.
Such a cfg may contain any bad binds/settings etc. so we have to verify that the cfg is clean or not.

The in-game console only allows players to increase there fps by using commands like
/com_maxfps 125 , etc. it doesn't allow players to make sure if the higher fps will run on their PC or no.
The same settings which can reduce graphics and make gameplay smooth can be applied from in-game console but most of the players are not aware about any such binds/commands. So they just download the relevant cfg from websites unaware of the fact that it may be a harmful cfg......
Sami

OwL

banned from playing 2 weeks 4 days ago #11709

• josh
hi, i've uploaded it on pastebin:

pastebin.com/GtpEkJu7

it's a really large file and i didn't read through it. but i don't use any binds that will give me unfair advantage (elevator, anti-smoke, etc), i just want to play on this server, it's about the only softcore tdm in america...thanks guys
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds