Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Banned for "modified cfg"

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 5 days ago #9280

• LaSSo
So basicly today i was banned for "Using a modified cfg file" and it is "considered cheating on our server".
Basiclly the situation is i did not use such a thing that was mentioned and i dont now how to reply to that. The admin said im using fast reload, fast aim, and fast movement. The movement maybe becauze i had 120-130 ping on the server. The fast reload maybe he mistaked the fast reload with my reload cancel script (is it really modifing? i mean you can switch beetwen weapons as well as just make a script for it). for The "fast aim" i don't know what he meant by that.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by LaSSo. Reason: typo
The topic has been locked.

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 5 days ago #9281

• =|h4x|=psyclone
  • Thank you received: 285
Yes, if you want to continue playing on our server we will have to check your cfg file, many modified cfg files are not allowed on our servers.

The cfg file is normally located in your COD4 folder>players>profiles>your username It is called config_mp.cfg

You can either copy and paste the text here (not recommended) or upload the file to an external drive/site like 4shared, google drive, etc and then post the link here. Also any screenshots or videos you might have are also helpful.
Cat named Brian

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 4 days ago #9286

• =|h4x|=psyclone
bind R is what got you in trouble, there a couple other lines that aren't stock but really aren't that bad, you need to remove bind R (I am not going to post what it says here) then re-post your cfg here before I can let you back into game
Cat named Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: {h4x}bilal

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 4 days ago #9287

• =|h4x|=psyclone
BTW, these lines?

bind 8 "say Pro hint: You can still hear Dead Silence"
bind 9 "say Pro hint: I'm always cheating"

Obviously not stock! This cfg was downloaded off internet or you have game that was torrent-ed
Cat named Brian

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 4 days ago #9295

• TheChicagoMike
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to interject.

bind 8 "say Pro hint: You can still hear Dead Silence"
bind 9 "say Pro hint: I'm always cheating"

These are nothing more than chat binds that post in the Global Chat feed.
Anyone can edit their config file to say anything. It's no different than them typing it out, it's just faster.

Banned for "modified cfg" 2 weeks 4 days ago #9297

• LaSSo
Im pretty sure you don't play this game for a long time if you don't know what are the binds on 8 and 9 keys and how they works. I would like to speak someone else who played this game more then you because you don't understand how this works and its frustrating.

The binds on 8 and 9 keys just a sentence that will show up in chat when i press the button.

The "script" on R is a reload cancel that is NOT forbidden even by Official ESL Rules.

I played this game since it came out. You can make this binds/"scripts" in-game even while im on the server. It's like changing your fps with /com_maxfps 250 but maybe you dont even know what is it or /cg_fov 80.

Anyways i do not accept that i need to change the bind on my R key because its not a cheat that will change the outcome of the match/game. Try it out to see yourself it's nothing that makes me better or i could make an advantage out of it.

If you still refuse to bring another member who can judge this then dont bother to unban me...

Thank you for your time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds